Members of the Initiative Women Citizens for Constitutional Reform believe that the reform of the Constitution of BiH must not represent the consensus of political actors only, but also the consensus of all citizens discussing essential issues to define the future framework for a common life. With respect to this goal, the constitutional reform process must equally include women and men.
The members of the Initiatvie have defined five priorities within the reform process of the Constitution of BiH and have created gender-sensitive Amendments on this basis:
1. Application of gender inclusive language in the Constitution of BiH;
2. Introduction of affirmative action principles in the Constitution of BiH to work towards full gender equality;
3. Amendments to the existing catalog of fundamental rights, to include provisions with respect to common health care services, social and family care;
4. Affirmation of a higher level of judicial and legal protection of human rights and liberties, and
5. Introduction of the principle of direct democracy in the process of constitutional reform.